Job Title: Quality Administrator
Reporting to: Quality Manager
About the position:
Every role within the Quality Department will ensure quality and processes of all company products
- Increase efficiencies and remove waste
- Reduce operation and production errors
- Eradicate product defects
- Consistency of product and service
- Quality planning
- Quality assurance & control processes
Duties and responsibilities:
All members of the Quality team should be good team players collaborating with various departments (especially production, R&D, and support). It is also expected that skills include problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
Critical areas of the role:
- Work with teammates to initiate process improvements and assist in documenting change
- Handle the overflow communications that include Customer Service General Email Box and Overflow
- Call Volume.
- Assist with documenting customer complaints according to the company processes for quality and
- returned Units and material authorization.
- Attend team meetings as required and generate notes for Quality department.
- Prepare and review and update all Inspection documents.
- Attend all R&D and production reviews with Department Managers where necessary
- Manage all the Quality Document and records on the shared drive under TEAM QUALITY.
- In congruence with Engineering and Quality update and revise customer requirements ensuring all
- information is relayed to relevant departments.
- Review material and process certifications for compliance with all stated requirements.
- Review incoming purchase orders/receipts for completeness of documentation package.
- Release material to production after all required conformance verification has occurred.
- Scanning / storing shipping and associated quality records Accuracy and timeliness of assigned tasks/responsibilities
- Communicate with co-workers, colleagues, and Supervisors to receive instructions
- and/or guidance and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently to meet requirements.
- Willing to cross-train across others in-shop disciplines/ inspection disciplines
- Perform other duties as needed or directed, whether or not explicitly mentioned in the job
- Performs other related duties or responsibilities as requested or required, whether or not specifically
- mentioned in this job description.
- Various other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- MUST have all Microsoft packages
- Review shipment requirements and documents for accuracy and completeness
- There are many diverse actions that engineers within the quality department will be required to do.
This list is not exhaustive and introduces many actions that are a part of the role:
Skills that the team requires from its teammates:
- Good knowledge in all Microsoft packages
- Follow all the quality standards guidelines strictly
- Work towards increasing the efficiency of all the Quality documents
- Work towards cutting the redundancy in Quality documentations
- Have eye for detailing and should be able to handle complex data information
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and testing methodologies
General knowledge that every department member will have:
- Previous work experience as a Quality Engineer or similar role
- In-depth understanding of technical documentation
- Statistical analysis
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Working across and in-between several teams at once
- Good analytical skills
- Lean manufacturing
- Product development process
- Experimental design
- Training in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or relevant field
- Be a team player and a team motivator
- Be a good communicator for giving directives to other people
- Have good oral and written communication and documentation skills
Types of task and work that are expected on a daily basis:
- Set detailed guidelines on what documents need to be filled at each point from materials
impound to Units delivery to clients and the materials units reverse logistic from the clients
- Update our Quality Management System (QMS) with incidents, fixes and improvements
- Audit our systems based on ISO 9001:2015 requirements
- Determine quality metrics for all manufacturing procedures
- Inspect product materials and electrical systems for defects and durability
- Prepare reports on malfunctions and corrective actions
- Coordinate with external auditors and technicians to ensure legal compliance
- Previous quality control experience or work within a production line environment
- Engineering qualifications, degree, or relevant experience in a similar role.