Job Title: Sale Executive: Electric Vehicles for the public transport sector
Reporting to: Chief Sales Officer
About the position.
The sales account manager is responsible for implementing sales strategies by developing sales action plans, identifying opportunities, and responding to those opportunities to drive sales for Electric Motorcycles to achieve the company`s overall commercial objectives through direct sales, relationship management, and overseeing existing customer accounts.
The sales account manager is a confident, ambitious, and self-driven individual who takes pride in closing deals, networking, and maintain relationships. They should have a passion for new brands and enjoys the challenges and opportunities that come with positioning them in the East Africa Market.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and coordinate existing customer accounts.
- Ensure timely response & attendance to all Electric Motorcycle inquiries and quotations while adhering to internal pricing & process guidelines.
- Generate sales through sales activities such as cold calling, client meetings, responding to customer inquiries, prospecting new customers, attending workshops, and networking events to forge lasting customer relationships.
- Conduct market research and carry out customer segmentation and identify new trends and keep knowledge of the competitor`s status.
- Management and submission of tenders in liaison with the Sales Chief.
- Prepare accurate quotations to ensure prospective clients are fully informed on product prices for enhanced customer satisfaction, attraction, and retention.
- Prepare customer presentations as per the brand guidelines and sales requirements.
- Conduct research to identify potential business opportunities/target markets for products and services.
- Follow up on potential customers in the sales pipelines to close sales.
- Adhere to internal pricing and sales process guidelines.
- Enter and regularly update correct and accurate customer details and information on the Sales CRM system.
- Generate weekly and monthly sales reports to discuss with the Chief of sales to help the management make informed decisions and appraise performance.
After-sales and support
- Communicate aftersales support to potential and existing customers
- Follow up on current customers on their maintenance and support needs and ensure timely delivery of the same.
- Build and maintain positive work relationships with clients in order to create a rapport that fosters customer loyalty and generates aftersales revenue.
- Handle customer complaints in a diplomatic manner whilst maintain and guarding the company`s reputation.
- Be a brand Ambassador and conduct themselves to the same standards.
- A BSc in Sales and marketing or any business-related background
Must have Competencies for Success
- Worked in sales in the automotive industry for more than 4 years.
- Understands the technical concept of Electric vehicles
- Has introduced new products in the Kenya/East African Market
- Has managed a Sales team before.
- Has used a CRM tool before for reporting
Skills and Knowledge, specifically needed for the position
- Understands the technical concept of Electric Motor vehicles.
- Customer relationship management to maintain customer retention.
- Skills in creating grand presentations for clients.
- Should thrive and pride themselves in closing business deals.
- Feels strong about being part of a business that combines commercial success and long-term positive social and environmental impact.
- Tenacious to follow up on potential customers to close deals
- A people person. Ability to create new networks and maintain existing ones
- The incumbent should be audacious enough to challenge new markets in East Africa