Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Department: Supply Chain
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
About the position.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall supply chain strategy to maximize process efficiency, strategically reduce logistics cost, ensure healthy stock levels and maintain timely customs clearance with both local and international agencies.
The Supply Chain Manager must be experienced both in domestic but mainly international supply chain activities in China, the USA, and Europe.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supply chain strategy
- Plan and implement an overall supply chain strategy.
- Will be responsible for setting up annual departmental objectives and determining key supply chain KPIs
- Prepare, maintain, and monitor departmental budget whilst ensuring key departmental plans are realized more cost-effectively.
- Update and prepare strategic reports for management review, status update, and providing feedback.
- Review procedures periodically to ensure that they maintain in line with changing business requirements and reflect best practice.
- Review and develop supply chain policies and procedures and identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions promptly.
- Develop chain routines that ensure the highest level of delivery and accuracy and delivery reliability of components
- Maintain accurate and well-documented data and information on all international and domestic purchases
- Identify areas of manpower development and organize for such training in conjunction with the HR department.
Planning and inventory management
- Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments,
- Maintain close communication with Finance, production, and sales by updating on the status of progress of both local and international purchases and custom procedures
- Be proactive in ensuring that the supply and distribution of components are carried out effectively.
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, and Production teams to create an accurate stock forecast and maintain healthy stock levels to ensure continuity of production and availability of aftermarket goods.
- Quality control-effectively communicate shortages /excesses /transit damages and wrong supplies and communicate in a timely manner
- Ensure correct taxes are paid for all import and international purchases are delivered to Opibus on time and cost-effectively.
- Ensure that all supplies have certification and documentation enquired for transportation and inspection. The supply chain manager shall ensure that suppliers’ risks are mitigated.
- Liaise with clearing agent to ensure the timely receipt of imported goods
- Negotiate supplier contracts and service level agreements with but not limited to crucial suppliers and set up systems to review supplier performance.
- Advise the production and development teams on the impact of design on the supply chain or vice versa
- A BSc in Procurement and supply chain management.
Must have competencies:(skill, manner, and behavior )
- More than 5+ years of experience in a Supply chain role and at least 2 years at the management level.
- Have worked in the Manufacturing industry preferably in automotive.
- Competency in parts forecasting and inventory management in warehousing.
- Logistical and customs clearance insight in Europe, the USA, and Asia routes.
- Practice interacting with an ERP system.
- Should have a learning attitude to ensure international best practices in the supply chain department.
- A proactive personality and a creative mindset to be able to anticipate future challenges and risk mitigation to solve problems efficiently.
- Ability to be agile and flexible to work in a fast-paced startup with a dynamic work environment.